Saturday, February 28, 2015

Quality Control, and A Visit From a Friend and Future Neighbor...

If you have been following our blogs and social media posts at Academy Hill, you will know that I often move my office about the site, moving to the completed model homes as one sells and another beautiful home becomes complete.  A big challenge that I can have with this practice is that, sometimes, we have sold out of finished homes, and my office and I have no place to go until another home is built!

Of recent, I have moved to our very last single-family home in the third phase.  Whenever we move, there is a process involved behind the scenes that ensures the homes are ready to present to the public and sell.  Once the model home furniture is moved in, staging is made as aesthetically pleasing as possible via our professional interior designer, and then, finally, the Construction Supervisor, Quality Control Administrator, and/or I myself, will go through the home with an extra 'fine-toothed comb' and look for and mark any flaws, nicks, drips, scuffs, cracks, stains, or anything else that might not be up to the builder's standards.  A new "punch-list" is then made, and then communicated to production to assign the appropriate contractors for the final finish and polish.

There are four development phases of single family neighborhood construction at Academy Hill, (Detached condos are different, and available to build at any time).  Today, I am in my last and final single-family home of Phase 3.

Link to this very-last phase 3 home's specific info:
http://vow.mlspin.com/idx/Details.aspx?mls=71674528&aid=M9502375

Phase 4 is currently being worked and planned for release in the not-too-distant future, but in the meantime, my growing list of potential buyers will need to wait, or else buy my last available phase 3 home.



Of those potential buyers, I have had many enjoyable interactions and visits with a few, and today was one such day where a familiar face (let's call him "Alex" for the purpose of this blog post!) visited my open house while I was in the midst of my quality-control duties to the developer.

I will take this opportunity to say that Alex has become a friend, as I have enjoyed speaking with him over the last many months about his achievements, successes, and personal life events that are all very positive as he waits for a couple of very specific opportunities within our fourth phase to be released.  Alex has been very understanding of the time needed to prepare our phase 4 lot release, and in the meantime, he has had many great things happen in his life that make the wait worthwhile.

Alex and his lovely fiancee, (let's call her "Linda" in the interest of privacy) have been discussing some custom features that they are looking forward to enhancing our Baldwin style plan with, and once we have the last Academy Hill phase released, I look forward to seeing their dream home constructed in due form.

Alex is a bit of a perfectionist, (another reason I we are friends!) and once we went through our typical routine talk, catching up on events since our last time together, Alex offered some fresh, unbiased eyes to help me with my quality control task, and I soon found that I had an impromptu assistant helping me compile a list to make our current model home complete and as perfect (hopefully as perfect as Linda's brand-new sport SUV that he was showing off to me, today!)

Glad to say that the list was not too long, and our new owners will appreciate the level of quality and care that they are receiving once these few cosmetic touch-ups are addressed.

Thanks for the visit, Alex!, and I look forward to having you join us at Academy Hill.  Here's to more future neighbors and friends!

Sincerely,

Arthur Haskins
Sales Director
Academy Hill Groton
Sales@AcademyHillHomes.com
@AcademyArthur
(877) 448-0055
www.AcademyHillHomes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment