Friday, August 17, 2012

'Sleeping Beauty' at the Groton Country Club

My 4-year-old daughter loves books, and has been participating in the Groton Public Library's Summer Reading Program.  She really enjoys our library, and there are many great events and activities.  Have a look at their calendar page: 

Groton Public Library Calendar

Last night, was the Tanglewood Marionettes rendition of Sleeping Beauty, held by the Groton Public Library.  Due to the more favorable location for the performance, the event was held at the Groton Country Club.






After the performance, the marionettes were even brought out for the kids to view and handle! 

From the Tanglewood Marionettes website:

"Founded in 1993 by Anne Ware and Peter Schaefer, Tanglewood Marionettes is a nationally touring marionette theater based in New England. Our repertoire consists primarily of classic tales performed by skilled puppeteers who have spent many years perfecting their art."

I really enjoy having such a great library in Groton.  As a youth, I remember feeling as though my local library was a portal into a new world.  As I read the books in the children's section, I recall having fun and being inspired to use my imagination to write my own stories.  Libraries are such a nurturing environment for the next generation of writers.  I do my best to support them whenever possible. 

I should also mention that the resources available for us grown-ups are great, too, and if you have not joined the GPL yet, I highly recommend doing so.


Arthur Haskins


Sales Director
Academy Hill Homes
24 Arbor Way
Groton, MA 01450
877-448-0055
direct: 978 448 4000
cell: 413 768 8508
fax: 978 448 4020
http://www.academyhillhomes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment